iPhone Verizon locked can I try Visible sim card?

Patagonia
Novice II

Hello, just joined today and looking forward to using Visible. I currently have Verizon, don't want to cancel yet, so is it possible to sign up for Visible and try the service with a Visible sim card wh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VisiblyPresent
Intermediate III

Yes, you can signup for a free trial with a compatible device without canceling or you could get a referral code from https://community.visible.com/t5/Savings-Spot/bd-p/Savings-Spot and get the first month on the base plan for $5. I suggest using a referral code from someone who actually posts here and helps on a regular basis (rather than some who simply SPAM the Savings Spot without offering any assistance in the real forums). Look around for helpful member responses and chances are you'll find their Savings Spot post in their profile. But that's up to you and rewards those who actively participate here.

The trial uses an eSIM, but with the latter approach you can order a  physical SIM. If your phone supports dual SIMs you could possibly run both the Verizon and Visible SIMs without switching SIMs. In either case I'd use a throwaway email address and once you've decided use your regular email address. Specifically let the trial run lapse and signup for a new account using a different email address once deciding you want to port your number. Visible only allows a single account per email address although payment methods may be the same.

Also ensure your Verizon phone is not locked and fully paid if applicable - although it's Visible by Verizon they are different business entities.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VisiblyPresent
Intermediate III

Yes, you can signup for a free trial with a compatible device without canceling or you could get a referral code from https://community.visible.com/t5/Savings-Spot/bd-p/Savings-Spot and get the first month on the base plan for $5. I suggest using a referral code from someone who actually posts here and helps on a regular basis (rather than some who simply SPAM the Savings Spot without offering any assistance in the real forums). Look around for helpful member responses and chances are you'll find their Savings Spot post in their profile. But that's up to you and rewards those who actively participate here.

The trial uses an eSIM, but with the latter approach you can order a  physical SIM. If your phone supports dual SIMs you could possibly run both the Verizon and Visible SIMs without switching SIMs. In either case I'd use a throwaway email address and once you've decided use your regular email address. Specifically let the trial run lapse and signup for a new account using a different email address once deciding you want to port your number. Visible only allows a single account per email address although payment methods may be the same.

Also ensure your Verizon phone is not locked and fully paid if applicable - although it's Visible by Verizon they are different business entities.

Thanks for this VisiblyPresent. I'm quite happy after lighting my iPhone up yesterday on Visible, and am frankly astounded at the MBps readings I get on SpeedTest, which actually exceed my wife's Verizon iPhone.

This weekend I'll use the phone in settings beyond home to experience a more challenging test. Shouldn't to too long I suspect before my wife is convinced to transfer! I'm certain she'll want to use the E-SIM trial method.