"Server Unreachable" message when placing a voice call

dugiehowsa
Novice III

Has anyone else ever received a "Server Unreachable" message when placing a voice call?

This happens when I attempt to make a call to a single phone number.  The phone number belongs to a cell phone that has Google Fi service.  When I attempt to make a phone call to this number, it rings once on both ends, and then the call ends.  When the call ends, I receive a "Server Unreachable" message on my phone display.  I do not have an issue making voice calls to any other phone numbers.

5 REPLIES 5

dugiehowsa
Novice III

I contacted Visible support.  They had me perform the usual steps (reset network connections, reset SIM, restart phone), but none of those suggestions helped.  I searched some forums, and there were some mentions about toggling advanced calling features under network settings, but I don't appear to have that functionality on my Google Pixel 5.

dugiehowsa
Novice III

I battled with Visible Support for 2 hours today, but I finally got them to take ownership of this issue.

At this time, Visible customers cannot call Google Fi customers.  Google Fi customers can call Visible customers though.  I was able to confirm these findings through testing with 3 Visible customers and 2 Google Fi customers.  Not an exhaustive test, but that was all I could pull together from my personal network.

dugiehowsa
Novice III

RandyKing
Novice

Some months later, this issue has occurred for me as well, but the target phone number is the scheduling desk at a major metropolitan hospital.  No ring-back tones are heard; it just sits there saying "calling" until it fails and says the server is unavailable.

keroppiboy888
Novice II

We are having this same exact problem on both my father and sister's phones (ZTE phones) after upgrading the SIM card to the "new" network (we were on a family plan before).  I've already spent many hours with Visible service.  They had me perform the usual steps (reset network connections, reset SIM, restart phone, and they have "reprovisioned" my number twice), but none of those suggestions helped. The phone would work for a little while then then stop making calls (with the "Server Unreachable" message) and als not being able to text anymore.  Finally, I realized if I turned of "Wifi calling" in settings (or turned off Wifi completely), I could make calls and receive text normally.  Clearly, this is not a long term solution, but at least, I can make calls now if I need to.  I'll update after I find a long term, hopefully permanent solution.