want to bring my old phone number to visible however my phone is not compatible with visible

puckhead103
Novice

i entered my old phone number on the visible site and was accepted however when it came to compatibility (entered my old IMEI number) it was rejected...

how can i do t

3 REPLIES 3

What make and model is the phone? iPhones 6 to 7 years old or newer should pass if unlocked. Visible doesn't play nicely with Android phones. Pixel and Samsung phones older than I think 2020, they may work properly and could have issues with some things working such as wi-fi calling, hotspot not working, even data could be an issue. Motorola phones it seems that only ones purchased through Visible 2022 or later would be compatible, if bought elsewhere it wouldn't be in Visible's IMEI database.

You can chance it by cheating the IMEI checker and saying you have an iPhone 10 and have a SIM card sent to you. But, doing so and having an issue with activation or service customer service can refuse to help you if using an unapproved device.

My phone is a LG L322DL 10 android version from simple mobile.

It appears to be from fall 2019 so I am guessing that is why it is not in the IMEI database. I can't even say for sure if it will even work on Visible. It would be a chance to take if you were to bypass the system. 

If you are looking for a different carrier try US Mobile, or one of the other major MVNO carriers out there. If you want to port to Visible you might need to upgrade to a newer phone.