Introducing Visible eSIM for Android

DS-VisibleMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

Last Updated 21:31:47 UTC, Monday, May 16, 2022

Visible is proud to introduce eSIM for Android, supporting the following compatible Android devices:

• Google Pixel 5
  • Google Pixel 6
  • Google Pixel 6 Pro
  • Google Pixel 4a and 4a 5G UW

On May 17th

• Galaxy ZFold3 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy Note20 / Note20 Ultra 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy S21 / S21+ / S21 Ultra 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy S22 5G / S22+ 5G / S22 Ultra 5G

Now, users with select Android phones can switch to Visible in as little as 15 minutes, using eSIM (or, “embedded SIM”) technology. That means: no more physical SIM card! Activate your Visible account from the comfort of your own home using only your device. 

Simply head to Visible.com and follow these steps:

• Check to see if your phone is eSIM compatible.
  • If your phone is eSIM compatible, create an account then download the Visible app to continue signing up.
  • Sign-in to the app to activate your Visible service and start making calls, sending texts, and using data.
  • Start the process to transfer your number.

Are you excited for this latest update from visible? Let us know what you think on the comments below!

DS-Community Manager
14 REPLIES 14

bfloyd1989
Novice III

Where are Samsung Devices coming???

Samsung Devices from the S10 to the present S22 have there Esim's unlocked also. 

Also more information is needed on esim. I opened the app and went to activate it only logged in

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

This is a good thing. They need to support Android watches for those that have them.

They’re coming out with Android watches?  Finally some competition!  What took so long?!

Wow I didn’t know Android was coming out with watches this is exciting news!

TimJons
Novice

Hi, Will Visible anytime soon add Google Pixel 3 and 3a to the list of compatible eSim devices? If yes, approximately how long would those devices be added? Thank you in advance.

? What is special about Visible esims?  Google Pixel 3 family (3 3a and 3XL) are all esim compatible (can add Fi or Sprint esims already)

VSBL-XP
Novice II

@DS-VisibleMgr 

Is support for the mentioned Samsung models live now?

Also, is eSIM only for new Visible activation, or can an existing Visible user switch from a physical SIM to eSIM on a supported phone? Finally, if the latter, does the physical SIM need to be in the phone to convert to eSIM, or can the conversion be done via the app without the physical SIM?

sydlexius
Novice

I still get an error on my Galaxy S22 activating eSIM using the Visible app.  When will support take effect?

sydlexius
Novice

[duplicate]

VisibleCraig
Novice

I have two Galaxy S22s and I haven't been able to activate them. I enter the eSIM andit says invalid. Please advise.

I have an unlocked Galaxy s22 Ultra and its not working.

GoBaduk
Novice II

@DS-VisibleMgr  Your post says Galaxy Z fold3 is supported but your IMEI compatibility tool doesn't allow my unlocked, purchased directly from Samsung Galaxy fold 3. I have already contacted your chat tech support. It appears your IMEI lookup tool is broken for the new phones if you truly do support these phones now.

Edit: After multiple chats with Visible support I have been informed that these newer phones aren't actually fully supported and the technology between each version of the same phone model is so different that all versions aren't supported. So their explanation is that their IMEI lookup tool is working perfectly fine but even unlocked phones with the same model number might not be supported because of some unknown hardware difference.

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

@DS-VisibleMgr Does Android phones support Visible trial? https://www.visible.com/free-trial/

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

mmeggs
Novice

I'm trying to migrate my existing phone number from the cheap, old, ZTE that was supplied when I started with Visible to a Pixel 3a.  The 3a's IMEI is on the compatibility list.  The network setup confirms eSIM is supported and will even scan a QR code to download the eSIM.  The Visible app says the 3a is not compatible.  What's up?  I really need this.  If it won't work with eSIM, send me a physical SIM.  I just need something that works now.