“eSIM not supported” message during activation.

mulligrubs
Novice II

I just purchased an iPhone 14 Pro Max from Visible. During activation, it tells me that the eSIM is not supported and that I need to contact the carrier to unlock the device. Clearly the device was purchased through Visible and is being activated on Visible…so not sure what the deal is. I went through all of the troubleshooting with an agent which I waited forever to get into contact with and the problem still persists. Agent told me my phone would be activated in a few hours and that was more than 12 hours ago. I was already charged for my first month of service so I’m a bit frustrated that I am paying for something I am unable to use. Please resolve this for me. 

9 REPLIES 9

graceopf
Novice II

i’m having a similar issue. bought the iphone 14 plus through visible and while trying to activate i got an error message “esim order won’t work on this device contact customer care.” so i did, only to have nothing solved and to be ghosted by the agent. this is ridiculous and i’m super frustrated 🙃

I’m just disputing the credit card charge at this point. No one will even get back to me to return this useless brick. I already paid for the service so time is just ticking and my money is wasting…

yeah i’ve done everything they asked me to and still nothing. i just want to return and cancel, but it seems like this is gonna be an issue as well. even more frustrated than before woohoo!!

gkagan14
Novice II

Same issue here...

lfarler
Novice

Same issue here as well.

charlottegale
Novice II

Do we need to delete the eSIM from our old phone in order to get a new eSIM on the new phone maybe? I read on another site that a new eSIM has to be created for the iPhone 14 activation.

I’m starting from scratch with a brand new number/line, so can’t see this being my issue. 

Trickortrash
Novice

Same issue. Read it had to do with the new update from Apple but I’m not sure because I’ve seen other phones having similar issues. 

gkagan14
Novice II

Just updated to the beta iOS 16.1, as soon as it finished, opened up Visible app, it activated eSIM in 2 minutes!