Default SIM pin

Hitheadhere
Novice II

I want to set a SIM pin on my iPhone, but to do so I need the default SIM pin from Visible, Yet I was told by

a Visible Agent that Visible uses neither a default SIM pin or a PUK code. How is this possible?

I spoke with Apple. I was told that I needed the default SIM pin from my carrier. So does this mean Visible

iPhone users can't set SIM pins? Seriously?

There should be a way to chat with a Visible technical person. I hate to say it, but the first line chat agents

have no idea how to deal with technical questions, and often times don't even understand the question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hitheadhere
Novice II

Today I was able to chat with a Visible agent who actually knew what a SIM pin was and was able to

confirm that 1111 is the Visible default SIM pin. I have now successfully changed the default SIM pin to

one of my choosing. My only concern now is that so many of Visible's chat agents seem to be uninformed

and give conflicting information. I was told several times previously that Visible didn't have a default SIM

pin. Ugh.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hitheadhere
Novice II

Today I was able to chat with a Visible agent who actually knew what a SIM pin was and was able to

confirm that 1111 is the Visible default SIM pin. I have now successfully changed the default SIM pin to

one of my choosing. My only concern now is that so many of Visible's chat agents seem to be uninformed

and give conflicting information. I was told several times previously that Visible didn't have a default SIM

pin. Ugh.

You'll find that to be the norm with Visible's chat agents unless your questions are covered by their scripted responses. You should also look at Visible's subreddit for answers to common problems:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/

It's a much more active user-to-user community over there, albeit somewhat more contentious at times.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind.

Hitheadhere
Novice II

Because I have no qualms about complaining when I have issues with a company's products or services, I

also like to give kudos when that company does the right thing. I have to admit I was stunned - and

pleasantly surprised - to receive a phone call from an actual human being from Visible to see if my situation

with the SIM pin had been resolved to my satisfaction. We discussed that I found a complete lack of

understanding of the topic by the several chat agents with whom I had the misfortune to be connected.

She seemed to be very understanding and said that the agents would receive the proper information. I

hope so.