Monthly charge

Innova321
Novice II

Visible reduced the monthly Basic charge to $25 from $30. They mention nothing about this being a promo for new customers only. Even if they did, it’s wrong for them to continue to charge me $30 a mo. and newcomers $25 a mo. After contacting chat service, they said my next payment would be $25. However, they called it Promo!!!  Does this mean Visible will go back to charging me $30 a month??? If so, we should start  a class action lawsuit on behalf of existing customers who were paying $30 before the price reduction.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I am just a fellow customer and I do not work for Visible so I can't say what Visible will do or charge. Not sure why the CS agent would say it is a promo, as said it was mentioned that the new pricing for the base plan is $25. It should be permanent on future payments until Visible decides to raise rates, even that is in the terms of service that they have discretion to change it at anytime. Only thing I could suggest is to wait it out until your next billing cycle, once you make the $25 payment see what the next payment shows. If it isn't $25 contact customer service and have the new pricing added to your account. Whether I can believe what I read on Visible's Reddit page people have done this and have gotten the new pricing permanently added and changed. Since Visible customer service has automatically lowered it on your account it would be my guess it is permanent. One thing I do know is that a number of the Visible service reps lack knowledge and if you are in touch with multiple agents you will get different answers from each of them for the same questions, it is like none of them are on the same page.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

$25 is the new pricing that was announced by Jeremy Bolton, managing director of Visible, on August 1st of this year. I assume this change was to reflect the pricing they had charged in the past on the old Unlimited plan if you were in a party or group of 4 or more people, you could get the Visible plan for $25. A year ago when they upgraded their system from the old cloud based system that they used prior they come out with 2 plans, a $30 and a $45 premium plan. Whether it was a rumor(or you can believe what you read on the internet) but I had read that sometime this fall Visible was going to make the payment change to existing customers paying $30 to $25. So it your case apparently it was not a rumor.

There were a lot of people paying $30 that upgraded from the old network after September, 2022 that didn't get the valued member discount of $5 that was finally offered beginning of February which I took advantage of to get the $25 a month deal. Visible just made that price permanent. 

Innova321
Novice II

That Visible chat person still called my next payment that will be $25 a “Promo.” So…what about the next payment AFTER this month? Will it be $25 from here on out or revert back to $30??? I ask this because he used the word “Promo” which implies a temporary one time $5 reduction to $25. I wish to get a definitive concrete answer. $25 from here on out? Yes or No?

I am just a fellow customer and I do not work for Visible so I can't say what Visible will do or charge. Not sure why the CS agent would say it is a promo, as said it was mentioned that the new pricing for the base plan is $25. It should be permanent on future payments until Visible decides to raise rates, even that is in the terms of service that they have discretion to change it at anytime. Only thing I could suggest is to wait it out until your next billing cycle, once you make the $25 payment see what the next payment shows. If it isn't $25 contact customer service and have the new pricing added to your account. Whether I can believe what I read on Visible's Reddit page people have done this and have gotten the new pricing permanently added and changed. Since Visible customer service has automatically lowered it on your account it would be my guess it is permanent. One thing I do know is that a number of the Visible service reps lack knowledge and if you are in touch with multiple agents you will get different answers from each of them for the same questions, it is like none of them are on the same page.

"One thing I do know is that a number of the Visible service reps lack knowledge and if you are in touch with multiple agents you will get different answers from each of them for the same questions, it is like none of them are on the same page."

Sadly, I must agree.

I also got charged $30. I tried to reach customer support but from my experience that was an exercise in futility. Only Chat seems available and its just a chatbot that never gets the point I'm trying to make. Is there still a way to engage with a human? If not I'm ready to find another low cost service. 

When using the Chat option and to get by the Chat robot, Connai, when given a choice of options always choose the non-specific option (e.g. other, something else, none of these, etc). when asked to supply additional information always type live agent in response. Eventually you'll be placed in the live agent queue. If you reply with anything specific the robot will insist they can help.

Alternately, try one of the social media channels:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/visiblecare
Facebook: http://facebook.com/visiblemobile
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/visiblemobile