Old iPhone

eladrrats
Novice

I'm looking to migrate to visible.  Right now I have an older iPhone.  It's an iPhone 6s A1633.  This phone was originally AT&T.  If memory serves (searching the internet seems to confirm) - that generation of iPhone was sold in 2 different varieties - one by Verizon/Sprint and could be used with any provider OR the A1633 was sold by AT&T and was missing the capabilities to be on Verizon's/Sprint's network.

I think my phone won't work with Visible b/c one of those AT&T only phones.  I put a Verizon sim in it and the phone briefly connected, then said no carrier.

I could probably accept all of that and move on, but the onboarding tool for Visible checked the imei and said my phone is compatible.  Before I make a mess out of my situation, is there any chance Visible will work on this old iPhone even though a Verizon sim won't work?

I know this may be an edge case, but I'm really hoping to make it to September/October and the new iPhone release.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there! Thanks for raising this concern. Our Care team will be best able to assist with double checking the compatibility of your device; please reach out by chatting on our site, tweeting @visiblecare or sending a DM to @Visible on Facebook.

narkhsa1
Novice

Im in same situation. Looks like it does not work. Visible care center keeps telling the phone is supported by checking IMEI number. Obviously they have a bug in the process. My another friend had same issue with iphone 7 as well.

The chat care person told me my phone was locked. I have been using pre paid plans ever since i purchased my mobile. the phone is for sure unlocked. Have even used it internationally.