Outage Update March 1, 2023

DS-VisibleMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

We’re aware of an outage impacting voice calls, text messages and data. We are working to resolve it immediately. If you are experiencing issues with service please power cycle your phone, as this resolves most issues.

update from Visible March 2, 2023

Hi there. Our service has been restored. If you’re still experiencing any issues, please try power cycling your device. Still not working? Reach out to us via chat at http://visible.com.

DS-Community Manager
530 REPLIES 530

I assume for ESIM option is just turn off for 10 minutes and turn it back one?

I tried, unfortunately did not work for me.  I am Unlocked IPhone 13 and ESIM, no luck after turn off Esim and restart the phone…. 

trying this now with a friends phone. Crossing fingers that it works 

Akennel71
Novice

Any updates. I wasn’t able to do my two-step authentication at work yesterday and can’t do it this morning. I know no one at Visible seems to care and customer service is nonexistent, but a general update would be the least you can do. 

zennn
Novice II

The lack of communication from Visible is extremely disappointing. I know they could email all of us. Heck, even include an 'opt out of this topic' link for those who don't want the email updates. But at least the rest of us would have some official contact from them at all! Ironically, I updated my Visible app on my phone yesterday and turned on the biometrics setting. Boom - nearly instant email from Visible confirming that I turned this on. Nice... now how about telling me when SMS will start working again and/or what we customers need to do for it to start working again??? If there is a reliable solution, then go ahead and perform it for everyone without forcing us into hours long chat sessions. Definitely looking into competitors now. 😞

Well, don't pick Verizon, as this outage is across both Visible and Verizon.

Akennel71
Novice

This does not work. JUST GIVE AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better yet - fix it!!!!!!     
I can’t do 2-step authentication and can’t access what I need to do my work for the second day now. I’m late on 2 work tasks because of this. The very least Visible can do is give an update. Customer service is worthless. 

Mcarrolljr71
Novice II

To anyone who is interested, Boost Mobile offers a similar plan to what Visible is currently offering. That's where I'm going just as soon as I can receive a text verification code from Visible to get a port out pin.

njchris1968
Novice II

Still not able to get text it seems to send fine. 

Chunwuxian
Novice III

Any updates?  If some of your clients can made it work, can you at least post potential solution here?  So people can at least try it.  Not receiving text messages for days is just not right.

mbb5002
Novice

This is what they instructed me to do this morning:

1. Turn off and on your phone

2. Send TRANSACT to 67777

3. Turn on the airplane mode for about 3 minutes and turn it off

4. Wait 5 minutes and texts will be working

Didn't work for me, but worth a try

amharris61
Novice

I cannot receive text messages from Androids with MMS mode.  I cannot get individual messages or group texts. My husband can.  

MacchewJax
Novice II

I contacted Customer Service via chat this morning and the agent knew exactly what to do to get it fixed.  I was in the queue for about 30 minutes and it took about 5 minutes for them to fix.

Donu have an iphone? What did they do

I do have an iPhone 13 Pro Max.  I'm not exactly what was done but once I told the agent on chat what was happening they said they knew what they needed to do.

And what did you have to do to get everything working 

Ask the agent with Visible in chat to re-provision your phone.  That is what seems to work.

I also asked if they were going to issue a credit for not being able to use my service. The agent said they were not aware of anything yet.

Bob68
Novice III

Is there a vice president of visible keeping pulse of activity on this community site? Please reply to this thread to let us know you are aware of the issue 

I looked up the email for the COO and have been emailing her since last night, including updates on my BBB and FCC complaint reference numbers. 

skirschner76
Novice

Woke up early to get on chat.  Waited for about 35 mins, then was connected with an agent. Politely stated that I had tried all of the fixes...removed SIM card, factory reset, etc.  After a few back and forths, she initiated a fix on her end that solved the problem.  But no indication of what caused this massive outage.  

Did you ask when they were going to fix the issue for everyone else?

amharris61
Novice

I have powered down and up multiple times.  I can send texts from SMS to MMS, but still do not receive any texts.  I hope this is not an issue that will be reoccurring with Visible.  I recently switched and am wondering why. My husband's phone, which is also on Visible is working fine.  I checked all my settings multiple times.

mattman545
Novice

You needed to re-provision my SIM to solve it and that's what most others seem to be experiencing based upon forums external to this one.  Honestly I am glad you are finally acknowledging this but a more proactive notice would have been nice as I use my phone for critical family and work communications.

Where did you see that visible has acknowledged the need to re-provision? Thanks

Yes, re-provisioning the SIM is what seems to get the texting issue to work again, but Visible has to be the ones to do it.  It starts to work immediately once that is done.  Also, don't expect for any past texts to come through since it's been down.  Those texts are "lost" out there.  

vbound06
Novice II

can we get an official update? this lack of communication is unacceptable!

The lack of communication is the insult to the injury that has me committed to leaving as soon as I reasonably can. 

pbanks
Novice

Power cycling does nothing to fix the problem!

unit2503
Novice

DS-VisibleMgr, please update on outage status.  I MUST get into my account to activate international calling and am unable to get access via app or on-line due to 2FA and failure to receive verification code sent by text.  Can't get chat support since I can't get in.  HELP!!!!

groundhog
Novice III

Working after:

turn off data roaming off

text TRANSACT to 67777 to resubscribe to texting

restart phone

It is outrageous that Visible would bread everyone's service, provide no communication when they have our email addresses, and leave users to spend hours on chat

Tried this does not work 

Tried this, sent a text to a user with an iphone. He received my text but his response never came through. 

trailprice
Novice II

That doesn't work and you know it. Read the complaints! Two step authentication won't work and everyone needs it in their daily life. Tell us what's going on so we know if we need to get another service provider or wait. You better not make us pay for this month.

jeffreylance
Novice II

How about an update?

jeffreylance
Novice II

How about an update? This is a serious problem and we deserve to know when it might be fixed. 

Agreed. I am mad. Will probably leave this carrier. 

Jernidan
Novice II

Does not work. I have been having issues RECEIVING SMS’s for several days now. I have restarted my iPhone 13 several times and I still cannot receive some messages

Bob68
Novice III

what a joke; the support app has a timeout while you wait for customer support.  sat in the queue for over 45minutes and then it just exits you.   Even worse that you have to do it from a friends accounts that works since you have to authenticate via text (which is not working).  

Yeah they have a nice scam going with this catch 22.