Syncing network operator services in the background Pixel 4A No Service

Pixel4A-User
Novice

Hello all! I'm new here, but unfortunately I might not stay due to the tech issues I've been having..

I've been trying to buy Visible for almost a month now. First started out with address issues, and now that that was all over, my phone wouldn't connect to Visible. I'll occasionally get a message like "Syncing network operator services in the background" - but it never actually connects. They sent me a new SIM but it still isn't working!  I've tried everything at this point, power cycling, cleaning my SIM tray, cleaning my SIM port, resetting network, put the SIM card in different compatible devices, turning on and off airplane mode, restarting my phone, toggling all the settings that needed to be toggled, even factory resetting my phone. I've been paying for service I can't even use, and I'm just so close to giving up!

As my username states, I'm using a Google Pixel 4a. Has anyone had a similar issue and actually fixed it? When I go into my SIM status, it says..

Network = Unknown | Phone Number on SIM = Unknown | Mobile Network state = Disconnected | Service State = Radio Off | Signal Strength = 0 | Mobile voice network type = Unknown | Mobile data network type = Unknown | Roaming = Not Roaming | (Don't know what an ICCID or an EID is, so I won't state that.)

4 REPLIES 4

Pixel4A-User
Novice

I will note my phone is completely updated to Android 12, and so is the Visible app. I've been tossed around several different customer support staff with no avail. I have never had service, and I've driven around and checked my phone at the occasional stop- so it's not that my phone isn't compatible, nor is it that there isn't coverage. It's like they sent me two, completely blank SIM cards, (despite it saying that it's a Visible card, nothing happens whatsoever.)

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Is the phone locked to a different provider or is it unlocked?  Where did you purchase it from?

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

laker_42
Novice

I am having the exact same issue with my Pixel 4a.  I started with an esim and now they have sent me 3 physical sim cards but still no service.  It has been 10 days of chatting and waiting for a supervisor to call me back.  I finally had to be on a chat with support for 50 minutes before a supervisor finally called me back.  His solution was a new SIM card which shocker, did not work or fix the solution!  

We have 2 other pixel 4a phones with visible that had 0 issues.  I even put my new sim card into an existing phone and it still would not activate.  It must be something in the back end on my account but nobody will work on it!

laker_42
Novice

I am having the exact same issue with my Pixel 4a.  I started with an esim and now they have sent me 3 physical sim cards but still no service.  It has been 10 days of chatting and waiting for a supervisor to call me back.  I finally had to be on a chat with support for 50 minutes before a supervisor finally called me back.  His solution was a new SIM card which shocker, did not work or fix the solution!  

We have 2 other pixel 4a phones with visible that had 0 issues.  I even put my new sim card into an existing phone and it still would not activate.  It must be something in the back end on my account but nobody will work on it!