Unable to activate; stuck waiting for MFA text that I cannot receive

dpgrieves
Novice

I am in the middle of trying to switch from T-Mobile to Visible.  I had previously had the test membership, so I was set up with T-Mobile as my iPhone's primary cell network and Visible as the travel network.  But when I signed up for the full service and tried to transfer my number, the networks weren't cleaned up correctly--Visible was removed as travel and T-Mobile is still primary.  But now when I try to do anything on my phone, the Visible app just tells me I need to set up Multi Factor Authentication by sending a text to the number I ported.  That's the number I cannot receive messages on, because my phone is still trying to connect to T-Mobile.  Someone please help--the chat app is worthless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rjniles
Superuser
Superuser

You need to chat with Visible and have them turn off MFA temporarily.  When you get the chat bot, type "live agent".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rjniles
Superuser
Superuser

You need to chat with Visible and have them turn off MFA temporarily.  When you get the chat bot, type "live agent".

Cynchotic
Novice II

The only success I had with getting actual help with switching from Straight Talk (and the free 2 week service - eSIM) was through Messenger. Find Visible on FB and send them a message. Now, it can take 5-10 minutes for them to respond (idk if they are helping lots of people at once or what), but they will still with you until you are straightened out - and even after you quit chatting with them and you still have problems or run into a new one, just go right back to the messenger chat and let them know. 

Cynchotic
Novice II

The only way I was able to get straightened out was through messenger. Go to FB and search Visible and send a message. It takes them about 5-10 minutes to respond (I donโ€™t know how many people they help at a time). It was the only way I was able to get switched from Straight Talk and the free trial (eSIM), and finally activated. Good Luck!