Will my iphone 6 still work with Visible after midnight May 30?

myap
Novice

Since late April, I have been receiving a dozen urgent text messages from Visible, "Hi, Visible here. We're moving all members to our upgraded network. You'll need a new phone to continue service. If you order an iPhone from us. you'll save $50. Learn more from here visible.com/incompatible-apple-device-promo 

and variations of:

"Hi, it's Visible letting you know that you must order a new iPhone by 5/30 to save $50 on any model, new or refurbished. Shop iPhones here: visible.com/incompatible-apple-device-promo 

Does anyone else receive these kinds of messages? Does that mean my iPhone 6 will no longer work with Visible after midnight tonight May 30?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is just when the promo for the $50 off ends. Visible has not set a date yet but the old system will be shut down at some point this year and you will lose your service if you don't upgrade. Your iPhone 6 will not work on the new system since you need the app to activate the new SIM on one of the new plans and that takes iOS 15.5, I also don't think your phone will have the correct firmware to function properly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is just when the promo for the $50 off ends. Visible has not set a date yet but the old system will be shut down at some point this year and you will lose your service if you don't upgrade. Your iPhone 6 will not work on the new system since you need the app to activate the new SIM on one of the new plans and that takes iOS 15.5, I also don't think your phone will have the correct firmware to function properly.

Thank you!

So how do you know which phones are being obsoleted in the (near) future and which ones are not?

I cannot afford a $700 phone, but I don't want to buy one and find out it's getting dumped out of the system in 6 months, or a year, or two years.  I'm just trying to find a decent used Droid.