IMEI Hold

Warren703
Novice

I purchased an iphone xr, went online to visible site and input IMEI number to confirm it will work. I already had an account and using a physical SIM that was mailed to me. The site confirmed and offered to setup eSIM if i moved forward, but i stop it. Since i already have an account i started a Live Chat to get the eSIM set up on my account.  The person asked for my IMEI and confirmed it will work. However, he advised that I can't transfer physical SIM number to a eSIM number. One of my options was to cancel and start another. I did that, but now visible is saying "IMEI you entered is not available." So i assume the person did something to prevent me from using it with your service. My question is how long is the hold, 24hrs, a week, etc? I prefer to use eSIM with new phone and not physical. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there! Thanks for raising this concern. Our Care team will be best able to assist you here; please reach out by chatting on our site, tweeting @visiblecare or sending a DM to @Visible on Facebook.

I feel like that isn't entirely true. The response I got was that just means it won't work with eSIM.

And that is a brand new unlocked iPhone 12, there isn't any question in regards to it working with eSIM.