Cannot locate QR code for activation

Luck-bethe-lady
Novice II

I am so frustrated with how Visible is run, and how poorly information is communicated.

I am currently still trying to properly activate service with eSIM on my iPhone 14 Pro . They have passed me between 10 different agents all giving me the same instructions that don't work, and the most recent one suggested that I activate my cellular service with a QR code. Great! Finally, a different set of instructions for me to follow:

• Navigate to the Account Overview page;
  • Locate the QR code image;
  • Navigate to Settings > Cellular > Add cellular plan;
  • Scan QR Code;..."

So I search HIGH AND LOW for this code. It's not anywhere. I believe it has to be sent directly to you, and I'm frustrated that agents don't know this and don't send it regardless as a standard practice. I just want to have working phone service.

I guess if anyone knows where to find this magical QR code, let me know.

iPhone 14 Pro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jcallday1
Novice II

I would say contact customer support, but there is none. If you have 3-4 hours to spare to wait for someone in India to “chat” with you about the problem, you could try their only avenue for customer service. However, you are better off paying a little more and going with a company who provides real support and not just collect your monthly fee.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jcallday1
Novice II

I would say contact customer support, but there is none. If you have 3-4 hours to spare to wait for someone in India to “chat” with you about the problem, you could try their only avenue for customer service. However, you are better off paying a little more and going with a company who provides real support and not just collect your monthly fee.

Yeah, no kidding. I just spent two hours of time waiting for a chat/in a chat only for it to log me out, forcibly removing me from the chat with my agent. I'm so unbelievably angry.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know nothing about iPhones but saw a thread a week ago maybe longer where someone set up there iPhone using IMEI2 I think. You would have to search this section of the forums to find it.

There are two other ways to get a hold of customer service, Twitter DM which I never get a reply or Facebook messenger which I used about a month ago and was about the same response time as chat was 2 months ago at a 45 minute response time. You can find the links at the bottom right corner. I see there is an Instagram icon but i don't think that will work for customer service though.

FoneGame
Novice II

Just port out to another company. I had fully funtioning service in about 5 minutes this morning with Mint mobile and am very happy. I did have one question and I reached a chat rep within about a minute. So stop the torture and go with another carrier.

I'm locked in for 60 days because the phone was purchased through visible. 

Ouch, sorry to hear you"re locked in.  Do you have calling ability or no service at all?

I read how one person got his phone working by going to settings/cellular/Network Selection and switching off automatic then choosing Verizon from the resulting list. Try that, maybe it will work.

iPhone 12 user here and it is 06/15/23

I could not find the QR code either - but you do not need it.

I have a Verizon phone and Verizon number that I wanted ported over.

I got the app installed.

I got signed up for service using the eSim path.

All good up to here.

Then I tried porting my number over and could not call out.

The reason in my mind is - the iPhone is set to use the Verizon number still and the new eSim doesn't have the new number.

Then I deleted the eSim that Visible had added.

An hour later and I had not figured it out I read some of these forum messages and here is what I did that worked for me.

Steps to get it working:

1 of 4. On the phone in settings>General - at the bottom "transfer or reset iPhone">Reset>Reset all Network Settings was what I chose. 

2 of 4.Uninstalled and reinstalled the visible  app

3 of 4. In the Visible App>Account>devices>switch now>My current phone (it says switch to eSim or ***REDOWNLOAD eSim on your current device****)

4 of 4.When you go through the menu and it says it will send you a code via SMS don't freak out like I did because it could not possibly work because the phone is not working - go to the email address you gave Visible - the code will be there.

Now you should be able to point eveything to the "new" secondary carrier and it "should" work.

Happy trails!