Does my number transfer

WillDDriggs
Novice

Does my number transfer to Verizon 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jwhitaker80
Intermediate

Visible is owned by Verizon, but is a different provider, so you can port (migrate) your number to Verizon if you want to. You’ll need your port-out pin that you find in your account information in the app, along with your account number. Those 2 things and your phone number are what you would give to Verizon for them to transfer your account to Verizon. Once your account is migrated, your Visible account will be cancelled.

I hope this is what you were asking.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jwhitaker80
Intermediate

Visible is owned by Verizon, but is a different provider, so you can port (migrate) your number to Verizon if you want to. You’ll need your port-out pin that you find in your account information in the app, along with your account number. Those 2 things and your phone number are what you would give to Verizon for them to transfer your account to Verizon. Once your account is migrated, your Visible account will be cancelled.

I hope this is what you were asking.

I want to transfer from art. How do I do with a new visible phone?

But is going to visible the same as going to Verizon?

It was not what I asked

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

My wife was with Visible during the summer of 2022 and decided to go back to Verizon. At the local Verizon store they tried to port her number back in after we did the Visible port out, but was unsuccessful.

Talking to Verizon support over the phone they informed us that going from Visible to Verizon was an internal number move and not a port out/in.

All went well. Things may have changed since last summer, but this is what worked for her.