Outage Update March 1, 2023

DS-VisibleMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

We’re aware of an outage impacting voice calls, text messages and data. We are working to resolve it immediately. If you are experiencing issues with service please power cycle your phone, as this resolves most issues.

update from Visible March 2, 2023

Hi there. Our service has been restored. If you’re still experiencing any issues, please try power cycling your device. Still not working? Reach out to us via chat at http://visible.com.

DS-Community Manager
530 REPLIES 530

cllervik1
Novice III

I have not been able to receive texts from android or iOS for at least 12 hours now. Waited for an hour and a half for chat and he basically just said things to appease me said he tweaked some settings for me, and that I should shut down my iPhone fire it back up and everything would be fine. Lies. As soon as I am able to, I will be leaving Visible. I’ve only been with them one month and I’m pretty blown away that this type of thing can even happen for this length of time. Text messaging is critical for my job and livelihood and this is not a small thing.

mafanjoy
Novice

I have not had 2fa all day. Tried to chatbot route.The minute you mention 2 factor authentication. The chat bot just tells you that we're working on setting up to factor authentication soon. Doesn't know you have a problem. Haven't been able to log into sites all day. Not sure if I want to switch carriers yet.  probably will

capefear
Novice

I have tried multiple times but no improvement.

PaulAnglin
Novice

when is it going to be fixed?

capefear
Novice

I have rebooted my phone few times in decent interval but no help.

Frizzahella
Novice II

And now going on 7hrs…

skirschner76
Novice

How were customers never notified?

Twiggsters2
Novice

Power cycling did nothing for me. I have not received text messages for two days

Valcrest25
Novice II

Please update us

Twiggsters2
Novice

Not helpful. 

ROBn
Novice II

I got my problem fixed - 90 minutes waiting for a chat agent and 90 minutes to plod through the process. My issue was that I could not receive texts. I could talk and send texts. 1. Get in line to wait for a chat agent. 2. Update the visible app on your phone. 3. Look at your settings to make sure you're on the newest operating system your phone has. 4. Look at settings/internet & network to make sure it is set to visible as your carrier. 5. Under settings, turn Airplane mode on, then turn off after 30 seconds. 6. Restart your phone. 7. When you finally get an agent, be firm, businesslike and POLITE. Tell him you have done all the foregoing and ask him to do a "network refresh".  Hopefully, this helps you cut to the chase. It's what I went through. Hope it helps you. Please don't respond to this note. Good luck

mlmmilky
Novice

hi,

I receive text messages from sister who is on Spectrum, but not from coworkers on T-Mobile and Googel Fi.

Very weird

Arielc
Novice

I really hope you guys intend on compensating us for the 100% loss of service. This carrier is prepaid and since I paid for your services and didn’t receive what I had paid for I hope you have a plan of action to refund or credit the affected users accounts. Your care team is a joke, after waiting 6+ hours for a rep, you’d think your care team would be more compassionate towards the customers they are serving. You guys really need to rethink what it is your company offers, because customer service is a joke. And this isn’t the first long outage you guys have had and some of us are on a organ transplant list, I can’t afford to miss any calls

Arielc
Novice

I really hope you guys intend on compensating us for the 100% loss of service. This carrier is prepaid and since I paid for your services and didn’t receive what I had paid for I hope you have a plan of action to refund or credit the affected users accounts. Your care team is a joke, after waiting 6+ hours for a rep, you’d think your care team would be more compassionate towards the customers they are serving. You guys really need to rethink what it is your company offers, because customer service is a joke. And this isn’t the first long outage you guys have had and some of us are on a organ transplant list, I can’t afford to miss any calls

therock
Novice

Mid Florida   SOS signal since yesterday.... No solutions from Visible yet.. Many chats with live users but nothing fixed... Had visible for 1.5 months and already major issues.. Not good for Verizon !!

jrk
Novice

Tried that. Am getting phone calls and text messages from other iPhones. I am unable to receive text messages from android phones. 

Bunniehall
Novice

Please update us on this sms/text issue!  For many of us this is our only method of communication and we need to know where visible is on this outage!

Jennavive
Novice II

I chose visible over a couple other similarly-priced services because I expected that the Verizon network would be reliable. This is very frustrating and disappointing.

therock
Novice

Cell signal back up and running in Mid Florida... certainly something to do with adding ESIM back to phone and powered off and back on... Finally after a day-- it is working.... whehhhhhhhh

where did you get instructions about what to do with your eSim?  And my husband has a physical SIM so we are still broken and no clue what, if anything, we should be doing to rectify our situation.

peggyjalexander
Novice II

TRY HARDER!  If there is something we need to do with our SIMS we should be made aware.  I see several references but obviously the vast majority of us have no idea what we are supposed to do to help fix this on our own phones.  SOMEONE POST SOME INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

mrzeb
Novice

Get on the Visible chat and they'll reset something on your account.  The wait is 90+ minutes, but the fix takes about 3.   It's a pain, but at least in this case, the fix doesn't look like anything a user can resolve on their own.

Did all of your missed texts come through or are those permanently gone?

Mine disappeared. 

You can always download Google Voice and use their texting app.  It is completely unaffected by Visible current issue.

Beware of requesting an eSim reboot while there system is in chaos.  Better chance you will end up with a brick.

I was already in the chat once today with no help. They said it would automatically connect when things were fixed. 

mrzeb
Novice

Had the same issue on 2 phones.  Contact the support chat, they need to do an update to your account.   Wait time was 90+ minutes, but the fix takes about 3 minutes.   This doesn't look like a user-fixable issue.

If doing an update to our accounts can fix the issue, then they should do system wide update to fix everyone else. Many people may not be aware that there is an issue because they don't use their phones a lot. Why should I have to wait 90+ minutes or more to fix this issue. Thanks for providing an update to fixing your problem, but they need to fix without having to go through the process you had to.

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

I can send and receive texts on my iPhone SE 2022 on 5G, but not on my Apple Watch SE 2022 on 4G

Question

Does the text issue only apply to Android users?
Does the text issue only apply to 4G users?

Both my kids have iPhones on visible. I have android not on visible or Verizon network. I can receive their texts, but they aren't getting any of mine or other people's. The imessage or whatever seems to work fine but that's an iPhone thing. 

SonoIo
Novice

Here's what worked for me. 1) Power down the phone, 2) remove the SIM, 3) restart phone, 4) re-insert SIM when booted up, 5) wait a minute or 2 for the network to connect. Worked for my wife's phone as well.

Scoop
Novice

Perhaps an update at this point would be good!  Clearly troubleshooting our phones is NOT working.  I have been on hold for 5 hours on live chat, but after reading posts here, I am assuming it was a waste of time.  So, could we please get an update from Visible as to what the real problem is and an ETA on resolution?  Thank you!

SonoIo
Novice

Here is what worked for me. 1) power down the phone 2) remove the SIM, 3) restart the phone, 4) re-insert the SIM, 5) wait a minute or 2 for phone to reconnect to network. Worked for my wife's phone as well.

Hard to do with esim devices….but I’m glad it worked for you. 

Ya, this experience really has me philosophically rethinking eSIM for my primary number ever again. I’ll be going to Metro by TMobile later today I think and getting a temp number until I can port out of Visible in 60 or 90 days, minus the two weeks I’ve been with them. I’ll just pay for two lines until then so I can keep my number but actually have phone service. JFC. 

I hope we can all commit to proactively letting our friends, family, and neighbors know how horrible Visible has been so they can protect themselves and stay far far away. Long term consequences is the only thing Visible/Verizon will understand. This company needs buried. 

JustEd
Novice

No joy. No incoming texts. Please fix!

Tcherryjr
Novice

iPhone 14 Pro Max:

I restarted the phone, reset network settings, turned airplane on and off, turned off/on cellular in settings…same issue. And as a brand new customer I see that may have to go back to my old carrier. 

ashliero23
Novice II

I really wish the app wouldn't have let me switch out my SIM today. I've been a happy Visible customer for a few years now. Recently decided to leave the original party plan and join the 'new network' that's been advertised for months now. I put the new SIM in today and am now service-less. I've been trying to troubleshoot what went wrong. Sitting in the chat queue for a couple hours now but had to decided to restart my phone like this suggested. Well... shouldn't have done that because it didn't work and I had to restart the dang chat queue.

My service with the previous SIM was perfectly fine. If there was a known outage for this one - why were you still allowing customers to change out their SIM? I literally got the SIM yesterday when the outage had already been happening. A little communication to hold off on the SIM changer would have been much appreciated. Now I'm wasting my evening waiting in a chat queue wondering if I'm going to be able to use it for work tomorrow. Ya'll really dropped the ball with this one. It's one thing for the service to be down - but to encourage us to switch out the SIM during the outage.... come on. 

gtoddbauer
Novice

This has been happening since Monday 2/27. How much longer will this outage last? And what refund will your affected customers be provided?

Harold
Novice II

Did that. It didn’t work.