Outage Update March 1, 2023

DS-VisibleMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

We’re aware of an outage impacting voice calls, text messages and data. We are working to resolve it immediately. If you are experiencing issues with service please power cycle your phone, as this resolves most issues.

update from Visible March 2, 2023

Hi there. Our service has been restored. If you’re still experiencing any issues, please try power cycling your device. Still not working? Reach out to us via chat at http://visible.com.

DS-Community Manager
530 REPLIES 530

Sbb40
Novice II

Have tried powering off many times and it does nothing. Have not been able to communicate with most of my contacts - very very very very very frustrated.

pjkowalski81
Novice

Did as instructed, to no avail. 

GVaughan
Novice

I have been trying all day to use 2 factor authentication and it doesn't work. Thank goodness for my google voice number. 

Thephil
Novice

If SMS is not working by tomorrow morning, I'm going to Spectrum! This is unacceptable!

Thephil
Novice

This is unacceptable. I've been without texting since yesterday evening. If this is not resolved by tomorrow morning, I'm going to Spectrum.

Good luck. If you read the forums, this outage is causing problems with people trying to port-out their number to another carrier.

cbr9racr
Novice III

Multiple days of outage, and now no communication in 9 hours, is weapons-grade incompetence. Something must be very, VERY wrong. You need to be TRANSPARENT with your customers.

Just tell us what's happening.

Dsguy
Novice

What a day to decide to shut off my old line. Today is the first day I removed the sim from my old service (xfinity) and used the esim from Visible today. Well come to find out I haven’t been able to receive any texts. But I guess this outage is causing problems for everyone? I can do everything else except receive SMS even send them and confirmed the person got them but I couldn’t receive theirs. Also IMessage works, no problems with that. Phone calls, outgoing and incoming are working. Can connect to internet as well. The only problem is text. I don’t like the way this is being handled. I paid for fully functional service not just some parts of the service. And powering on and off does not fix it. Reset network settings didn’t work either. Debating if I should even bother to try customer service or just wait it out?

groundhog
Novice III

Terrible support. No updates. 

douglar02
Novice

I just switched to Mint. Super easy to set up and customer service was great. Only $30/mo and you can transfer your number.

ABron
Novice II

This is ridiculous… all on America’s most reliable network

ABron
Novice II

Is there an update? Still cannot receive text messages. 

Salyluz
Novice

I've only been with Visible since 2/17 (after over a decade with Verizon) and this is incredibly frustrating to not have access to the basic texts and voice mails. 

I was a long-term Verizon customer too. Sorry I switched 😔 

axolotl
Novice

According to posts by Visible users here, on Reddit, and on downdetector.com, this has been happening since around 1830 PST on Monday the 27th.  I've been with Visible for just two months and I am disappointed by Visible's communication regarding and response to this problem. 

Salyluz
Novice

I just became a visible member on 2/17 (after over a decade with Verizon). This is not encouraging.  Access to basic texts and voice mail is needed. 

I switched to Visible from Verizon the first week in February. I'll be switching from Visible ASAP.

frustrated4
Novice

This is extremely frustrating.  I live outside the US and my phone hasn't worked properly since November.  I work remotely and have zero idea if clients are calling or texting.  This needs to be resolved immediately.  I wish I could go down the street and buy a new phone but I am stuck with this poor service.  I wish I never made the change to Visible!

Imonthecellkid
Novice II

That didn't work for me.

jvawser
Novice II

Please give us an update!!! I think we are all deserving of that. I’m sure we have all paid our bill!! Be decent Visible and keep us updated

Frizank
Novice

Been customer since 2021 and first time forgot to pay. Paid bill due 27th next day by 8am Tuesday   

Service not reactivated since 28th.  Chat waits in queue for hours and disconnects . Emails are getting to Visible but they keep sending me to chat function that is overloaded  Ticket opened as priority Tuesday to resolve in 24 hours as told and no email from Tech support

Number is tied to all my banking and credit card alerts 

Good thing I have a backup phone account with free app text now with paid 99 cent sim card for unlocked phone to use

for just unlimited text and calls or I would be without no cell service at all 

jreid53
Novice

Does look like it just needs a text reset on their end. Did the troubleshooting with the agent & didn't work. They then did the text reset & it appears to have worked. GLTA

Chunwuxian
Novice III

Is it fair for you to advise what to expect?  This is way beyond frustrating.  

walterhtx
Novice

I am able to make and receive calls, able to access the internet, and able to send text messages but I am unable to receive text messages. I have restarted my phone several times (like 9 including powering it down completely) and I am still unable to receive texts. 

Same thing. Used chat. Troubleshooting didn't work. Agent reset my text messaging on their end. Seems to work now.

I've been waiting on chat for hours and I'm no closer to getting help then when I started the chat.

Same

xnewyrkr
Novice

I've restarted 3 times. No text messages. Would this have something to do with the update I downloaded this morning?

arianarivera
Novice II

This company is horrible. If you are having an outage, don't bill people. Why would you take my money knowing that your service doesn't work? I would have paid to go to google FI or any other company so I could receive text messages. 

arianarivera
Novice II

If you have an outage, why would you bill people? You should have resolved your issue before you charged people money for a service that does not work. I wouldn't have paid for the next bill cycle if I knew I couldn't receive calls and texts.

Slfdoran
Novice

I’ve powered off , turned off and on iMessages in settings and am still not receiving text messages from android users 

I'm not getting texts from people with visible, people with phones, or androids. Nothing is working, yet somehow everyone can get my texts. 

arianarivera
Novice II

This is unacceptable. Give us or money back. Don't request a bill to be paid when your service does not work. What is going on?

sbatson24
Novice II

I haven’t been able to receive texts from android users or two steps authentication codes ALL DAY. This needs to be fixed ASAP!

All day? It started days ago. Welcome to the party.

jihuie56
Novice II

I contacted Visible from Messenger on their Facebook page. They did something on their end to get me and 2 of my family members working again. May want to give this a try because it works faster than their chat option. Visible | Facebook 

Pretty sure they turned off their FB messaging. When I try to message it just circles and circles and won't open. 

Same thing happened when I tried messaging a few minutes ago.

Same - and no response from their "available 24/7" Visible Care twitter account

Lucky! I messaged them 4 hours ago on Facebook Messenger - they haven't even looked at it yet. The chat wasn't helpful either.