I will probably continue with Visible

firefox
Novice III

Currently I have CC (AT&T network) for my wife's and my phone (for 4 days now). Mine is iPhone 12 and hers is iPhone 13. Plus I have Visible on my iPhone 8 for more than a week now. In spite of my on-going issue with the Visible iPhone 8 not allowing multiple devices to connect to hotspot, I think I can live with that for now.  Visible (I don't think it's apple) will be able to hook to apple's hotspot API on iPhones to allow multi-device connections. Anyway, I will probably stick to Visible (Verizon network). I have been doing speed tests on CC with Visible around my area. To be on an even service, I set my iPhone 12 to LTE only because iPhone 8 is LTE only device. On an area where AT&T (and my former name brand Carrier) has minimal or NO signal, Verizon has full bars . In areas where both AT&T and Verizon signals are at the same level, I got 40.2/2.1 Mbps down/up on AT&T. Whereas on Verizon network, I got 182/53 Mbps download/upload.

I have done speed tests all around my area and Verizon network always wins!  Plus during my 1,800 interstate trip the first week of June, 2024, Verizon network was always present along the way. So my conclusion is: stay with Visible.  I will probably just get the basic for my wife and V+ for my iPhone 12 before CC is up for the next billing cycle.

Is this a good decision?

2 REPLIES 2

Yes I went to Cricket.  It isn't all that much better.     Even with Visible's accessibility issues and these other issues with the hotspot   Visible is probably the better buy.  I'm coming back to Visible next month. 

Is CC priority or premium data or is it deprioritized? Just asking because with Visible you are on the plus plan and getting priority data. Wouldn't be a good speed comparison if CC is not premium data. Even CC at 40Mbps down is better than I get but I am on the base plan and my signal is weak, like 1 to 2 bars. I have hit a top speed of 158Mbps when I was within a couple miles of the tower but think that was luck since I have checked it a few times since, usually upwards of 70Mbps is the average. At home it has to be late or very early in the morning to hit in the 50Mbps range.