Outage Update March 1, 2023

DS-VisibleMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

We’re aware of an outage impacting voice calls, text messages and data. We are working to resolve it immediately. If you are experiencing issues with service please power cycle your phone, as this resolves most issues.

update from Visible March 2, 2023

Hi there. Our service has been restored. If you’re still experiencing any issues, please try power cycling your device. Still not working? Reach out to us via chat at http://visible.com.

DS-Community Manager
530 REPLIES 530

Jernidan
Novice II

Restarting the phone doesn’t work. I have done so several times over the last several days since this issue started.

I can’t even get texts from visible to sign back into the app

tecnalb
Novice II

So a while back Visible forced me to 2FA. Now, I cannot get logged back in because I cannot receive SMS. So I cannot reinstall the e-sim or anything related to the account. I guess my ultimate recourse will be to cancel my existing credit card on file and go find a new cell provider. This is kinda nuts. 

So you don't HAVE to have SMS to re-eSIM, as they also send a copy to email. BUT....I tried this last night (deleting and re-adding eSIM) and it didnt fiox me. Still no SMS after eSIM refresh.

5416jh
Novice II

Any update?

trailprice
Novice II

"We're currently experiencing higher than normal Care volume, and your wait time might be longer than usual. Thanks for your patience."  Yeah, you think? Just tell us what's going on and what we should expect.

Jayduncan
Novice II

Don't get out of line waiting for live chat. Re-provisioning your Sim is all that's going to work for almost all of you. I jumped out of line a few times trying all these recommendations that includes restarting your phone meaning when that doesn't work you start back 1,000th in line waiting for a chat rep. 

jvt321
Novice II

Thursday morning. STILL no text. 2 and a half days. 
Time to find a new service if they don't have the expertise to deal with this. 

jon
Novice II

Please update. Lack of communication will cause loss of customers.

not_optimistic
Novice II

According to this: https://tmo.report/2023/03/verizon-suffering-system-wide-internal-outage/
it could be Saturday before Verizon gets it's issues resolved.  I've no idea from where this information comes since we're sure not hearing about it.

jvt321
Novice II

Update? I just did. 2 and a half days still not receiving text!

jvt321
Novice II

Fix the service and you'll have no problems losing customers. 

Leesy1218
Novice

When does Visible think this will be fixed? This is unacceptable at this point. Terrible that you can’t speak to a live Customer Service person. 

Leesy1218
Novice

Any updates on the issues being resolved?

Terrible that you can’t speak to a live Customer Service representative. 

jason2572
Novice

Like everyone else...in line for support. Not receiving text messages after power cycle. 

palbes
Novice

Text still does not work. Did power cycle several times.

palbes
Novice

Still does not work. Tried power cycle several times.

tried powering off and back on.   updated software  nothing works.     An update from Visible would be nice.   I need my text messages for my job!!!

Bob68
Novice III

Here is a comment from the CEO - Angie Klein (probably does not know this community board exists)

"My marketing background has allowed me to look at the telecom world through a different lens than some of my engineering or tech peers might. I’m trying to boil it down and tell a story that matters to the average person,” Klein says. “To me, Visible is as much a marketing brand as a tech brand.”

Angie, maybe you need to focus more on the technical aspects instead of marketing, your company and its underlying technical support are appalling. 

Where is Visible's corporate update on this issue.    Silence is not the answer,  that just makes me want to cancel and move to another provider. 

Unhappy
Novice II

I cannot receive texts from outside carriers. I have phone, data, and can text out. I only can receive texts from other Visible customers. 

michaelc
Novice II

I still have ZERO service. No calls, no texts, no data, nothing. The support agents opened a case for another "team" to look at it, but my phone was working fine until you refreshed last night. This is completely unacceptable and awful service. They expected me to wait "24 hours" without any working service.

gsplsngr
Novice II

recylced several times. Still not receiving text messages

slacksmonster
Novice

Well how about we fix this problem? 3 days and no texting? That's pretty ridiculous. I've done all the baloney that's been suggest - on/off, cache, airplane mode on/off - nothing works. It's obviously on Visible's end. Fix it already!

gsplsngr
Novice II

Tried several times recycling my phone and still no text messages received. 

Same issue here. Texts go out, buy no texts are received. 

Afletcher
Novice

I tried this several times and it has worked in the past, but it is not working on this issue.

Cameron5006
Novice

Here in San Antonio, Still no texts or two-factor authentication codes....so if Verizon isn't having the issue and Visible is...how does that work? Aren't they on the same network with the same parent company? How does a company screw up this badly with no reasonable response. You have one job and that is to provide communication services... 

Valcrest25
Novice II

I can’t even get into chat 

I've been in the queue for chat support at least 12 different times and each time it times out and logs me out of the Visible app. Is this happening for anyone else? 

Also, is anyone getting through to chat support and still not getting the issue(s) resolved? At this point we are definitely switching to Spectrum mobile. 

Same problem 

When i got to # 7 in the queue, they did this dirty little trick where they give you 60 seconds to click an “I’m here” button or else it will boot you out of the queue. Pretty scummy practice in my opinion.

Yep, keep getting logged about after an hour or so.

lanhub
Novice II

Just canceled my service. Bye Visible! 

Same. Moved to another provider about an hour ago. Havent had service in days and they offered me a $5 credit on next months bill lol. Awful.

What service did you switch to? 

jvt321
Novice II

I did early this morning; by the looks of her twitter account (which is just forwards of promotions) she does not follow it, ie the same issue with this community. Not a single executive has the gumption to take ownership of the issue and keep us up to date.  

ballen626
Novice

Pixel 7 Pro - Like everyone else, can't get SMS or MMS. I can message other android through chat. Data and Voice work for me. 

I've power cycled, airplane mode, etc. All the common things but none worked. 

I can't add any new APN because Visible doesn't allow editing on Pixel apparently. I reset my network settings last night and it changed nothing. I also reset my visible APN to default and nothing. 

I've been sitting in the queue for support on the computer for an hour or more, waiting on the rep to hopefully do the "fix on their end". I have an ESIM so I can't try the trick of power off, remove sim, power on, put in sim, wait. I'm afraid to remove esim because I will likely lose everything. 

Anyone have a Pixel 7 Pro with similar problems? 

cmVCun01
Novice

Powering the phone off and on does not resolve the issue.  Able to make and receive calls.  Able to send text messages but not receiving them.  As others have noted this causes problems for 2FA (two factor authentication).  Please advise ETA for full resolution.  This is now the second day.