Wrestling with Visible

Nonna
Novice

I became a Visible customer on Feb 13, 2024 because of a promotion for $20 per month for 24 months.  I would probably not have changed over otherwise.  The first two payments honored the promotion, but after that, the charges went to $25 per month with no notice or explanation.  I have been in chats with live reps three times since April and was promised twice it would be resolved, but my account apparently falsely showed that I had "upgraded" to a higher tier service which I was told canceled my promotion.  I DID NOT UPGRADE ANYTHING. As of today, I am supposed to be escalated to another service level after being told that had been done in April and I never heard anything back.  I do not trust this Visible or the software running the promotions and billing.  I would choose another company, just on the basis of distrust, but it's a big hassle.  I am certain that the Visible software was designed to wipe out my promotion because it was only intended as a lure to get me in the door.  Shameful and unethical practices.  Having spent a lot of time and effort to fix this, I cannot have any other conclusions.

1 REPLY 1

Nonna
Novice

Now hearing back from Visible.  Another promise that they will fix the promo/billing problem.  Surprisingly, I am now talking on the phone with them, which takes some doing, as many customers can attest.  I will post any updates as soon as I have something.  I will not hesitate to change my opinion if they fix this, but it should not have taken three months and so very much effort.