Moving from Visible back to Verizon (port out not needed)

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

Just wanted to share for anyone else in this situation.

Visible was not working well for my wife after moving from Verizon. Dropped calls with Visibleโ€™s old system, then no data after moving to Visible+

The Visible support rep was GREAT, it was just getting to be a hassle and the dollars saved wasnโ€™t enough to keep the wifey happy.

So I submitted a port out on Visible. No Problem

Port In was the issue at Verizon

Well after a store visit and being promoted to upper level sales the number transfer was successful.

Port In was not needed or required. It was just an internal transfer of number in the Verizon system.

Hope this helps anyone in this situation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

I should add that my iPhone SE 2022 is working great on Visible+ using an eSIM and 5G

Wifey has a Samsung Galaxy S10e. No eSIM or 5G support, but she loves the size.

The main goal here was to keep wifey happy. Those that are married know what Iโ€™m talking about ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Good to know 

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

marciano
Intermediate

Verizon's most expensive plan is $55 plus tax and fees.  Don't know how much those are--taxes and fees.  Suppose they are $5, that is $15 more expensive than Visible's new Plus plan.  Hearing the no data issue of the new Plus plan at Visible, I am kinda, sorta thinking of moving to another carrier.  Any out there other than Verizon?

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

I should add that my iPhone SE 2022 is working great on Visible+ using an eSIM and 5G

Wifey has a Samsung Galaxy S10e. No eSIM or 5G support, but she loves the size.

The main goal here was to keep wifey happy. Those that are married know what Iโ€™m talking about ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

โ€œI should add that my iPhone SE 2022 is working great on Visible+ using an eSIM and 5G.โ€

Is the speed faster than the old network?  Some posters say the speed is the same.  Donโ€™t know whether they are comparing the $30 plan or the $45 plan with the old network.

I am on the $45 Visible+ plan in NW Metro Atlanta. The speed is about 20% faster, ping times now at 30 ms, they were 100+ ms.

I'm a happy camper. $45 vs a similar $80 plan at Verizon and I get to use a credit card with points instead of eCheck or Debit card for the $10 discount at Verizon.

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

FYI, my wife has a Samsung Galaxy S10e.

It still passes the IMEI checker for Visible, but many on Reddit are having issues with the S10 and other older Samsungs on the upgraded Visible network. This might be why we had no data.

phylament
Novice II

Thanks, good to know. I need to go back to Verizon because phone hotspot won't work with Visible and they tell me to contact mfg. Tried signing up again online with Verizon and it says my number cant be ported. Guess I will have to go into the store and try it. Will let them know this if there are any issues.

edieredmann
Novice II

do you change service from Visible BACK to Verizon. My Visible service is HORRIBLE! I wouldn't give a dime for it!! It drops calls, and sits and spins when I try to connect! It's the worst service I have EVER had! Can someone tell me how to change back to Verizon? I'm handicapped and can not drive. Can't I do it over the internet? I keep trying, and Visibl;e will NOT let me type in transfer service to Verizon.

Call Verizon Customer Service at 800 dash 922 dash 0204 (sorry, getting by spam filtering)

Tell them you want to move from Visible to Verizon. You may need a new SIM for Verizon if your phone uses physical SIMs. 

edieredmann
Novice II

I have never had worse service in my life, then I have with Visible! It sits there and spins most of the time when I want to use it, can't get to data, it isn"t worth a dime! I need to transfer my service back to Verizon as Visible doesn't work at all with my Samsung Galaxy s 23 Ultra, and I HAVE to bring it into a Verizon store to do it! Verizon owns Visible, but as far as service, you receive lower cell tower service. You see Verizon gives it's top Verizon payees, the best service, and the use of the ultimate parts of their cell towers. All other cell phone services, operate off of Verizon towers, they own them all. All cell phone carriers use the same towers, and they are all owned by Verizon. They sell their services for use of the lower parts of the towers. You can't change ANYTHING online! They will NOT address anything at all. It is a cheap worthless service in my opinion. They offer NO support, and you can't get ahold of them in any way! I HAVE to bring my phone in! They don't even have a p[hone number to call!! DON'T USE VISIBLE, IF YOU WANT A RELIABLE SERVICE FOR YOUR PHONE!