I'm stuck in port-in purgertory!!! It should not be this complicated..

Kmp1270
Novice II

Let me give you a quick run down.              Ive done a port in to Visible before, that one was easy smooth no problems..this time I set up my account choose my phone enter my port in info completed the order and paid for it..I go back in a few days later and My order still has not shipped. My account shows my payment but doesn't show what I have actually ordered. So I speak to CS, the agent tells me there's a error with the account and he needs to cancel the order and I need to create a new account and start over, which I do and everything goes great until I go to enter the number I'm going to port in. I get an alert that my port-in number is already active in their system. Remember I entered all my port in information in the original account. To me it kind of makes sense that Visible has my number in the system, even tho the order was canceled the port process was started. So day 4 of CS and no resolve. Emails telling me the issue is resolved and I can now order. Telling them repeatedly that ordering is not the issue, I can order whatever I'm willing to pay for, however the whole point of porting my number was to keep my current number and swap phones. Ordering is not the issue, the port in is. My number and port in information is in their system and until that is resolved I cannot move forward.. I'm in port-in purgatory... Any suggestions for resolution would be appreciated. Both accounts have been reset..the port-in number is still active with at&t because I never received the SIM to activate it.. I don't know what if any other information I can give CS that would help bring resolution...

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you get onto chat again maybe ask for a supervisor, you might get someone that has a little more knowledge. If it shows you paid for it have them send you a sim card if they have your number in the system. If you are doing eSIM, which I know nothing about, those have been trouble looking at some of the threads here and a physical SIM if you can. Sorry I can't be of more help since I came here as a new customer 15 months ago but had them give me a new number. 

I did pay for it, however when the first agent cancelled the order he did a refund. I will ask for a supervisor tomorrow because I'm sure I will be at this again tomorrow. It's almost as if the CS does not understand or they are ignoring what information I am giving them. I have sent the screenshots, I've repeated the same information to a new agent with every interaction. They all just want to fix it so I can order, I can order lol I just can't port in my number because they didn't stop or cancel the port in process when they cancelled my order... I feel there's a virtual sim with my number attached  waiting to be assigned to it's plastic counterpart and mailed out and activated.. I wonder what happens if they actually send it to anew user and they activate it? Lol Is that even possible!? 

Thanks for the suggestion it's much appreciated and I'll sure give it a try!

Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I have read on some threads here when you finally get onto chat each time you get a low tier service rep. I think by asking for a supervisor you get someone higher up that might know more. If they sent out a card you should have gotten it within two business days, they do claim 1 business day it will arrive if ordered by 3pm PST but that maybe pushing it. Last year when I started here I got my phone and card in 2 days after ordering, Ordered on Sunday but Monday was a holiday so who knows if I would have actually got it in on day. 

If they canceled the payment and refund I would highly doubt someone else can activate that SIM but who knows. 

Good luck and hope you get it fixed. Visible has been good for me, it's just that customer service and chat leaves something to be desired.

So right!  Visible is great as long as you donโ€™t have a problem.  It took a month of chat for them to finally realize why I couldnโ€™t change plans.  And the mistake was on their end!

Kmp1270
Novice II

Sorry guys for not updating sooner had some things going on where I didn't have time to sit on a chat with  Visible. I did however finally get them to understand that the issue was with my number being stuck in the port in system. I did ask to speak with a Supervisor and was scheduled a time for them to call me. They never called. So back to chat I went spoke with a agent and assured me it had been resolved, had me to go on and reorder.. guess what?! The visible phone was out of stock! One of the agents told me I could request compensation for all the issues so I asked if I could possibly order the next phone up approximately $30 more, mind you I had swapped for this phone for my mother a few months prior. You would have thought I was asking for their soul! I was denied speaking to a Supervisor, and at this point  not sure my problem has been fixed or not because I can't proceed. I go back another day, phone still out of order and just as I was speaking to a agent who again tells me they are willing to work with me with the phone.. however I had a family emergency as I was in the chat and had to leave. I was able to go last night and order the visible phone. The order was accepted but as of now there's nothing more in my account on the app. For my to access my account online I have to use incognito otherwise I just have a blank visible screen, like it has failed to load.  It's been a mess. My mom's service has not improved at all with the upgraded system but still takes care of her needs. I will have to address that for the 3rd time at some point. I take care of her and she was the emergency, after over a week staying at the hospital with her she has moved to the nursing home for rehab and has her phone there. Hopefully she will be home soon and I can have access to her phone more readily available to address that issue again. Hopefully all goes well and my order and my access to my account will be right! Thanks guys! Like I said before once you get things going your good it's just getting to that point!

This is good info as I just switched from CC. I activated my account through the app but still itโ€™s not ac5ive and my number is in limbo, canโ€™t go back to my old number as itโ€™s been released, my case has been escalated but saw all the bad reviews, gonna give it a chance. In a couple of days if I still havenโ€™t heard from email tech support Iโ€™ll get a new number and go back to CC. Hopefully though they will contact me soon and I can keep my number.